Minutes of the Division 4 Meeting
of the Saskatchewan Association of Rural Municipalities
held on Thursday March 13, 2008
at the Queensbury Convention Centre, Ipsco Place in Regina, Saskatchewan.
Call To Order
Harvey Malonowich, SARM Director Division 4 called the meeting to order at 2:00 P.M.
Terry Hvidston, RMAA Director Division 4 acted as recording secretary for the meeting.
Terry Hvidston read the minutes of the March 15, 2007 meeting. Moved by RM 334 that the minutes be adopted as read.
Director Malanowich gave a report on the activities he has been involved in for the past year and opened the floor for a general discussion.
Some items discussed included:
- New Provincial Government very receptive to SARM
- Optimistic about 2008 Provincial Budget to be announced
- Clearing the Path - Looking for more Provincial funding
- Small issues yet to be worked on
- RM’s have total control of roads included in CTP
- New Road Construction must have 8m top and 150' r/w
- Agriculture Health and Safety has very good program and RM’s are encouraged to participate
- Operator Safety Certification program in the works for Division 4
- 1 year extension requested for Operator Safety Certification
- Capital Asset Accounting - RMAA requesting set guidelines and criteria for implementation and simplicity and costs of implementation are a high priority
- 2008 estimates are coming in at $100,000 to $120,000 per km for Primary Grid construction
- 2008 SARM convention facilities were excellent - some concerns over timing of bus service and food service on main floor
Director Malanowich thanked everyone for attending and adjourned the meeting at 2:50 p.m.