<< Back to Division Page
The meeting of SARM District 5 was held in the Saskatoon Centennial Auditorium on Thursday, March 13, 2003.
Director Nick Postnikoff called the meeting to order at 2:00 p.m. and welcomed everyone present.
The Chair appointed Robert Thurmeier as recording Secretary.
Moved by R.M. # 284/ 340
That the minutes of the March 12, 2002, meeting, as previously circulated, be approved as read.
Murray Purcell and Bob Burletoff were appointed as Resolutions Committee for this meeting.
Director Postnikoff spoke briefly on the following topics:
- Sask. Agriculture Hall of Fame
- Sask. Council for Community Development
- CARDS committee – industry start up assistance
- Area Transportation Planning committees – North Central & Central committees
- Gopher control and strychnine availability
- Ducks Unlimited – North Central and North West areas provide land for agricultural purposes
- ISC – automated land titles system is confusing and inefficient
- 911 emergency response system
- service to / from First Nation reserves
- response routing
Discussion was held on the following:
- WDM History book fee and word limit
- Fire services
- develop standardized agreements with First Nations reserves to facilitate service and fee collection
- improve area cellular communications
- Retention / disposal of old land titles documents
- allow landowner to obtain original land grant / title if requested
- Storage of pest control products
- one Sask. Health inspector has expressed concerns regarding the storage of these materials in municipal offices (public places)
No resolutions were presented
Moved by R.M. # 429
That this meeting be adjourned.
The meeting adjourned at 3:00 p.m.